If you love all things fashion and bridal, then you are in for a treat this week! We have the great pleasure of introducing you to Debi Griffin, the incredibly talented fashion illustrator and owner of Illustrative Moments in New York.
Using photographs, Debi creates a one-of-a-kind piece of art capturing the gorgeous details of the wedding dress and the bride’s elegance and style from her big day (and the mother of the bride/bridesmaids upon request too!). And what’s more, Debi’s illustrations are rendered in the coveted high-fashion style of elongated proportions so you can let your inner supermodel out!
We absolutely adore this high-fashion monochrome bride, with her statement embellished black belt and fascinator:
- Collect and send wedding photos: Upon placing your order, you will need to email photos consisting of a good full-length view from the front, three-quarter view, and full back view (as required), as well as detail shots of shoes, jewellery, hair ornaments, and dress embellishments.
- Pencil: The incredible fashion pose is pencilled according to the movement of the dress and any highlighted finer details to create a flattering composition. Every illustration is an original done on Bristol board.
- Illustration: The sketch comes to life using various art mediums including permanent artist ink, Prismacolor pencils and markers with accents of metallics.
- Mounting: Once completed each piece is signed and set in a 12” x 16’’ light ivory mat with artist backer board, and then placed in a protective clear sleeve.
- Sent! The illustration is then mailed (she even ships to the UK!) and ready to frame and treasure forever!
Just look at this utterly fabulous interpretation of the equally fabulous Ceci from Ceci New York on her wedding day wearing Oscar de la Renta, which left us floored:
Every bride should have one! It’s the perfect keepsake for any fashion-loving bride, and makes the most sentimental gift - remember, the 1st wedding anniversary is paper!
About Deborah Griffin:
Deborah Griffin is a New York based fashion designer, fashion illustrator, and photographer. She grew up in Dallas, Texas obsessed with bridal after Princess Diana's wedding at the age of 7. She went on to attend art school at Pratt in New York for fashion design. While in college she interned with CFDA working behind the scenes at New York's Fashion Week, as well as obtaining coveted design assistant position at Vera Wang. After graduation she continued at Vera Wang, then freelanced with Nanette Lepore, and went on to spend 13 years at Amsale as senior designer. Sketching her way through years of collections, clients, celebrities, top bridal publications, and friends, Deborah decided to offer the same luxury of high fashion illustration to brides everywhere.
Photos courtesy of Illustrative Moments