WEDDING DAY SURVIVAL KIT
At Lamare London we make sure we have everything covered for your big day, so that all you need to do is enjoy yourself in the company of your family and friends. This includes our "Wedding Day Survival Kit," containing all those just-in-case items essential for ensuring your day goes without a glitch!
You too could prepare your own. Why not store everything in a fancy wicker hamper or box which can be displayed beautifully in the ladies cloakroom?
Below you will find our top 25 items to guarantee you have all the bases covered.
- A travel sewing kit containing white & black thread, a needle and a small pair of scissors. You could always make your own out of a small jar, inspired by this example.
- Safety pins.
- Clear nail polish - it works a charm for fixing a run in tights! You may also want to pack coloured polish that matches the bride and bridesmaids' coloured fingers and toes.
- Pocket tissues.
- Hair ties.
- Earring backs.
- Plasters. We found this cute tin of plasters on dotcomgiftshop!
- Travel size hairspray and dry shampoo.
- Hair pins.
- A mini medical kit containing headache, diarrhoea and antihistamine tablets.
- Chewing gum.
- A comb or a hair brush.
- Talcum powder does an amazing job at removing grease or spillages on a wedding gown.
- A travel size toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Drinking straws help prevent your lipstick from coming off.
- Eye drops and contact solution.
- A nail file.
- No white marks deodorant.
- Cotton buds.
- Heartburn relief. It's easy to overindulge at weddings, so it's good to be prepared!
- Key cosmetics such as lip gloss, mascara, and a small pot of concealer.
- Feet get sore and tired, and heels can break: consider some flat shoes for when the formal part of the day is over. Butterfly Twists are fantastic – choose from a large selection of unique and elegant foldable shoes which take up little space in your bag.
- White chalk provides the perfect temporary fix for wedding dress stains. This adorable box can be bought from dotcomgiftshop.
Lastly, the bride may wish to keep her favourite perfume handy for a top up spritz of her favourite scent!
Feature image photo credit: Jean Pierre Uys Photography